Bornholm | Green island in the Baltic Sea
Join us on trip to a unique Green “world” in the middle of the Baltic Sea, right between Sweden, Poland and Denmark.
Bornholm is a part of Denmark but also very much its own. The island has its own language, its own climate and its own kind of nature which feels entirely like a mix of Scandinavia’s wild rock landscapes and the warm charm of the Mediterranean far south.
The island is totally Green because almost every day all the energy needed for everybody living at the island ( and visitors as weel ) is produced at the island in an utmost sustainabel way – mostly powered by wind.
Join us for 1, 2 or 3 days or even more…
Årsdale | “Granite” wind mill
Dueodde | Beach
Almindingen | Bison
Helligdomsklipperne | Shrine Cliffs
Hammer | Opal Lake
Hammer | Harbour
Hammershus | Castle Ruins
Døndalen | Waterfall
Østerlars | Round Church
Hasle | Sea Bath
Hands on | Glass
Ekkodalen | Just listen!
- Rønne | The pretty main town of the island, where the ferry arrive.
- Østerlars Round Church | The biggest of the islands four unique round, white-washed churches.
- Gudhjem | The town nestling on a rocky coast of Bornholm’s Baltic Sea shore.
- Hammershus | The dramatic castle ruin goes back 1000 year. History of Bornholm, and Denmark meet here in the north.
- Opal Lake |Take a walk (or swim) at the rocky north coast.
- Svaneke | Beautiful fishing village of old, half-timbered cottages and small roads that wind to the cosy harbour – complete with authentic local atmosphere.
- Hasle | The Local herring hotspot. This pretty place at Bornholm´s west coast is famed for its old smokehouses, where you can sample the unique and delicious local specialities. Or try a sea bath year round.
- Almindingen | If you are lucky you meet the wild bison. Don’t try to hunt it but enjoy the sight.
- Dueodde Beach | The sand so fine, it was once used to fill hourglasses. A perfect spot to swim, walk picnic etc. (don’t try to pronounce it ).
- Paradisbakkerne | Naturepark “Hills of Paradise” – go for hikes in the gorges dam.
- Åkirkeby | NaturBornholm Experience Centre located at a big crevice from the Ice age.
- Hammer Harbour | The wild Baltic Sea. Enjoy a traditional danish waffel icecreme at the little cafe.
- Danish design
- Danish handicraft
- Tastings | Localy – Organic – Seasonal
- Activity | Bike – Hike – Golf – Swim
Duration: 1,2 to 3 days or more.
We travel by bridge to Sweden and ferry to Bornholm.